4.07.2011

Handmade: Leather Gifts for the Boys and the Girls

It seems like I have been all about flowers, bouts, and gifts this week...so why not continue on with some more gift ideas!  While these ideas are not homemade by me, they are definitely handmade by two vendors on Etsy...which is close enough for me ;-)

I have to tell you that one of my favorite blog's is Wit + Delight.  Every.single.time I visit Kate's blog I am so inspired.  Kate always finds the best things, and does such lovely posts.  Plus, I love the layout of her blog...which is so unique!  I finally had the chance to catch up on her blog last night, when I ran across two items she posted that I immediately loved.  Not only did I love them, but I thought they would make wonderful gifts!  And since they both are made with leather, I thought why not combine the post and show that you can incorporate one item, leather in this case, into gifts for both the boys and the girls.

Have a look-see at this gift idea for the boys (even though I am sure the girls would love too)... 
Gifts
A custom- made 6 Pack Frame Cinch by Walnut Studiolo in Oregon.  Seriously, are you kidding me!!!  How fabulous is this???  For all those bike riding loving boys (and girls), there couldn't be a more perfect gift!  Well, I am sure there could be...but this is pretty fantabulous, no?  And just wait til you hear the price!  Are you ready?  It's $22.00!

And this gift idea for the girls...
Gifts
I can't tell you how much I L-O-V-E this classic stripe make-up bag right now.  It is the perfect Spring into Summer bag.  It is a make-up bag, but I would so use it as a purse.  I adore the worn leather on the bottom and the simple striped fabric on the top.  It would look fabulous just folded over, kinda like it is, and carried as a clutch!  And you have to love that it is made from vintage finds...so very eco-friendly, which is always a plus, no?  Granted, it might not have the initial impact as the gift for the boys, but the girls would get to carry it everyday, so really it is much more useful!  The bag is made by Scout and Catalogue on Etsy.  They are on vacay for the month of April, but I'll be sure to have a look-see at their new items come May.  They have lots of fabric options, make-up bags and pouches (as they call them..but are purses) and their scarves are pretty darn fabulous too! 

~ Ciao

...images via wit + delight via walnut studiolo & scout catalogue

5 comments: