4.25.2011

Flowers of the Week: 4.25.11

Good Morning my dears!  So tell me, did you have a lovely Easter?  Me, well I spent this Easter all by my lonesome...and I enjoyed EVERY.SINGLE.MINUTE of it!  Don't get me wrong, I love being around people and celebrating.  Yet, I am also the type of person that needs some alone time to regroup and recharge...as I like to call it.  However,  this Easter Sunday was a chance for me to sleep in, chat with my Mom on the phone, do laundry (goodness, do you love clean sheets as much as me?), take a 2.5 mile walk in the afternoon sunshine, finally had an opportunity to do pilates (swimsuit season will be here before we know it), ate a shrimp salad for dinner, had a chocolate and vanilla swirl frozen yogurt with chocolate sprinkles (oh yes, love sprinkles) for dessert, and actually had a chance to get a couple posts done for later this week!   All in all, an absolutely lovely day that was stress-free and all about me ;-)  Which I think we all need from time to time! 

I think I am trying to enjoy whatever free time I get these days as I know starting in May it is going to be work, work, work!  Don't get me wrong, I am over the moon about all of it, and I do get a little break when my sister and her family come for two weeks in July.  But other than that, I currently see no end in sight!  When I spoke to my Mom this afternoon she asked me when I thought I might be able to get out to Florida for a visit...my answer:  December!  Oh, it is such a long ways away.  I am hoping she might come out to California in the meantime...goodness knows I could sure use some of her amazing sewing skills...hehe ;-)

Anyhoo, I have to tell you that I struggled and struggled with the Flowers of the Week this week.  Seems funny to say, but my issue was that I knew exactly what flowers I wanted to post, but thought that you, my dears, would be tired of my LOVE for anything designed by the amazing Kate at Flowerwild!  So I tried to find other flowers that I thought you might like.  Yet, none of them felt quite right.  But it got me thinking - this blog is all about the things I love and am inspired by, and hopeful when shared with you, you will love and be inspired by them too.  I started this blog for one reason - to have a spot for all the fabulous and lovely wedding inspiration that I find or dream up.  LCW is sooo me...and if I stay true to me, then I would post the flowers that I originally wanted to post - so that is exactly what I am going to do.  I am going to post two bouquets that I am sure you have already seen, but since I am over the moon about them, I am going to post them anyway.  And also because if I don't stay true to me...then who would I be?!?!

So without further ado, just have a look-see at this gorgeousness...
Flowers of the Week
I think I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this first bouquet!  Oh the glorious colors, the huge blooms, the softness, the unstructuredness (I think I just might have made that word up...such a me thing to do that my friends made up there own word for it - a Kristism)...all of it PERFECTION and such a showstopper, no?  But the gorgeousness doesn't stop there.  Have a look-see at this soft Spring bouquet...
Flowers of the Week
Love the warmth and sweetness of this one.  Understated elegance is what this bouquet is!  And aren't those tulips spectacular?  So you know I have to ask - which one do you like best?  I would love to hear ;-)

Stay tuned for another post coming up this morning, and lots more goodness to come later this week!  I will meet you back here in a bit.

~ Ciao

...photography by jose villa via style me pretty, designed by kate at flowerwild

9 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed a "All about you Day", yesterday, sounds like you really needed one!! ;)) The flowers are stunning and i seriously can't pick a favorite bouquet...they are both perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love BOTH of those, absolutely beautiful! glad you had some "me" time! i need something similar ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seriously cant expect us to pick...they are both so gorgeous.
    Sounds like a pretty good weekend to me. Glad to hear that your taking time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. that soft sprint bouquet is absolutely beautiful! glad you had a fabulous holiday weekend :) happy monday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these color schemes and different flowers. Happy Monday to you too and glad you enjoyed your solo Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing wrong with a weekend alone... it's good for the soul... running on your agenda and no one elses!! LOVE both these picks and I couldn't possibly choose a fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa, that first bouquet... just. whoa. no words! love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post! It's influential and informative. Thank you for sharing. Keep posting for more. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faboulos bouquets! Love poppies and tulips! Would be nice to assembly it together!Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete