4.15.2010

~ in the jar ~

Sometimes simple is stunning and special...
Wedding
How perfect are these jars filled with different items?  Rope for a nautical wedding, starfish for a beach wedding and river rocks for a country wedding are simple centerpieces or decor!  What I love about this is the many ways that it can be done - pinecones for a wedding in the hills, colored leaves for a fall wedding...you get the idea.  And since you chose your location because it was a place you loved, why not use some of the surroundings in your decor...making it all the more personal and special.

And since I am at a variety of beaches this week...why not fill an empty water bottle with some white Florida sand from each to take home with me?  I can put them in a pretty jars and place them on the windowsill in my bathroom as a reminder of my trip.  Should have started this a long time ago, and I would have sand from beaches in California all the way to Croatia.  I guess it's never to late to start!  My point, items like these can be incorporated into your wedding.  How cool would it be to use sand from all the beaches you have been to with your man into your wedding?  Taking the starfish and sand jar for example, fill the jar with sand from a particular beach and then you could use the beach name for the table...point reyes, sanddollar, palm beach, horseshoe bay...such pretty names, don't you think?  Or rocks from your favorite river, rope from the ports you have docked in...  Or you can top your favors with some rope, a starfish, a river rock, a pinecone or some fall leaves!  All little details that make it extra special.  Hope you all have a Happy Weekend!  I'm off to the beach to collect some sand.  See you Monday.

~ Ciao


...photography michael graydon

No comments:

Post a Comment