1.31.2011

Flowers of the Week: 1.31.11

Happy last Monday in January my dears!  Can you believe it?  One month of the new year already gone.  I am in serious need for time to slow down.  Golly, I haven't even thought too much about Valentine's Day...and now it is only two weeks away.  Eeek, need to get going on some things! 

It's funny how I love Valentine's Day, but I am not a red person at all.  I think I own one pair of red shorts, and a HOT pair of red summer sandals.  So I never do red for Valentine's Day...it's just not me.  But if I was to get a bouquet of flowers for Valentine's Day, I wish it looked like this one...
Flowers of the Week
Now this is so my style!  Soft, light, and a mixture of textures.  I am loving the combination of succulents, billy buttons, and irises (amongst other flowers) aren't you? 

How was your weekend?  Ever so lovely, I hope.  Mine was quite nice, and pretty mellow.  We ended up with rain on Saturday and Sunday...so it kept me inside more than I had hoped.  However, last night it was make your own pizza night and playing Pictionary on the Wii, which was boat loads of fun!

And speaking of drawing...I will be drawing the winner of the Handmade Weddings book this morning, and announcing the winner later today.  So stay tuned!

~  Ciao

...photography by jac photography via style me pretty

11 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. I'm not a fan of the typical red roses for v-day and would gladly take that gorgeous bouquet instead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely stunning... i want a bouquet like this one too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigod omigod omigod I love your new design. So simple and gorgeous. Great job. And you KNOW I love this post. That bouquet reminds me of the one in my logo! Succulents and twine around the stem. LOVE!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmygosh, this bouquet is lovely floral perfection! love love love the soft texture and colors - I'll take this over red roses (ick) any day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors, white, green, yellow...never look better together than this stunning bouquet. Enjoy your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous palette in that bouquet. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love this! I am not a big red person either, and something like this palette tickles my fancy for Valentine's Day! {A}

    ReplyDelete
  8. holy mother of all bouquets. this is a badass bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. This bouquet would be perfect at so many different weddings - that color combo is incredibly versatile! Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am MORE than with you on the red flower thing... SO not interested in red roses, however other red flowers combined with lambs ear and berries I'm ok with... or better still something summery like this one... since it is summer here!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete