11.16.2009

Very Vera

I can't help but just swoon over Vera Wang's Fall 2010 collection.  I think there is something here for just about anyone.  I will be total honest here - I never thought I would wear a big wedding dress - but when I tried on a tulle ball gown by Vera (years ago) I fell instantly in love.  It was THE DRESS as my mom had said...even before trying any on!  So I have a tendency to lean towards ball gowns...hence why I am starting with these...
vera-set-1
Layers upon layers of tulle...I L-O-V-E!  Check out those necklines...OMG!  Similiar to the one on my dress...but I did change it.  So keep that in mind.  Both of the dresses above could be strapless and you would still get that great punch of sheer black from the sash.
vera-set-2
What I love about the two dresses above is the way that the bottom half of the dress falls.  It's like multiple bustles - how perfect.  And check out the pleats on the bottom of the dress on the right! 
vera-set-3
Ah, the trumpet shape.  I think this shape is perfect on the right person...not everyone can pull this off.  However, I would suggest trying on many different shapes and styles - trust me - you'll be surprised!  But I do love the way the dresses trumpet out just below the knee.
vera-set-4
And for someone wanting a slimmer style - you can't go wrong with either one of the dresses above!  Whether you keep the dress as is, or you make some adjustments (like removing the sash or changing the color) you won't be disappointed with a dress by Vera Wang!

~ Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment